Intelligent & Integrated Inspection Company
IHI Inspection & Instrumentation Co., Ltd. (IIC) is a fully owned subsidiary of IHI Corporation. In April 1974, the quality management and inspection functions of IHI's Energy Operation and the inspection technology functions of IHI's Corporate Research and Development were spun off to establish IIC. Consequence of its origin, IIC has been an inspection company with extensive knowledge and understanding of industrial plants.
Since then, IIC has employed many top-level experts in various fields such as sophisticated inspection technology, material and chemical analysis, stress and fatigue diagnostics, and advanced testing by using huge wind tunnels, vibration stands, or other facilities. Not only providing services but also we have a division for developing and manufacturing state-of-the-art inspection instruments and equipment. Moreover, we have obtained developing and manufacturing control systems division by transfer from one of IHI group organizations. It much enhanced our ability to fulfill the customer’s requests by providing wide range of services and technical knowledge.
President & Chief Executive Officer
IIC was further strengthened when more than one-hundred researchers from IHI's Corporate Research and Development were transferred to IIC in recent years. They provide strong theoretical foundations for offering satisfactory solutions to our clients. We are confident of our capabilities in emphasizing that "IIC" stands for "Intelligent & Integrated Inspection" company.
Besides providing our clients with accurate and reliable reports at the promised time and at reasonable prices, we count the following abilities among our core competences.
- The ability to provide high-quality solutions for clients using our sophisticated capabilities and various field experiences as a leader of the non-destructive inspection (NDI) industry in Japan.
- The ability to develop, design, manufacture, and market new and socially demanded inspection instruments, equipment, control systems, and technologies.
- The ability to perform research and developments in-house concerning inspection science and technology, and also to assist our clients with similar activities.
"Security First" is the starting point of our corporate activity.
Our goals are:
- To gain clients' trust in IIC by providing satisfactory solutions that meet their diverse needs, and
- To contribute to global efforts to secure an environmentally friendly society.